This Month in Movies: September 2013



I had been so optimistic about watching a ton of movies in September.  I kept thinking "Yeah!  This month is going to be awesome and I'm just going to watch SO MANY MOVIES."

That didn't happen...


September 2013 in Movies:

Constantine (2005)*: I saw a television edit of Constantine years and years ago, and not all the way through.  I remember thinking it was absolutely visually stunning, and that holds true, but I have to say it wasn't as good this time around as it was when I first saw it however long ago.  But, Tilda and Keanu are in it so can I really complain too much?

The Perks of Being a Wallflower (2012)*: I still end up a complete wreck after watching this movie.  Every time, without fail, there are tears, and I keep going back.  I think it may be the best film adaptation of a book I've ever seen, and I just adore it, and I fall more in love with the story and characters every time I see it.  Also, Ezra Miller is a beautiful human being.

Vanilla Sky (2001)*: This has been one of my favorite movies since the first time I saw it, and every time I watch it I see things I missed, or I understand things better.  The soundtrack is flawless, and possibly my favorite movie soundtrack.

(*=rewatch)

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE Perks of being a wallflower! I need to check out Vanilla Sky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perks. I agree completely that it is for sure one of the best, if not THE best book to movie adaptation. When I first saw it I was a wreck as soon as the opening credits started rolling. It just breathed like the book. So worth rewatching obsessively, even through the torrent of tears.

    Em
    Tightrope to the Sun

    ReplyDelete
  3. perks is my favorite movie. i cry every time too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to say hello <3