August & September in Review:



('Twin Peaks' themed art at a local vegan coffee shop.)

August and September were busier months this year than I had expected them to be, so busy that I ended up forgetting to post my 'August in Review' post, and didn't blog AT ALL in the month of September.  Oops.

At least this means I have a lot to talk about! Right?  
Bullet points are my best friend right now.

August in Review:
  • I blogged twice, once about a birthday wishlist.
  • I applied for, interviewed for, and got a job at Teavanna, but ended up turning it down because of an offer to work at the bookstore where I worked last winter, and I'm actually very happy about that decision.
  • I bought my first item (the one with the raccoon), hopefully of many, from Stay Home Club.
  • We had Breaking Bad night every Sunday at my house with Masha and Rami (and sometimes other friends as well).
  • It was a family friend's birthday and I played piano all night at her party, and it was lovely.
  • Eric came over for a Disney movie marathon night, but we ended up only watching half of The Emperor's New Groove, and then going out for custard, coming home and playing Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone trivia until one in the morning.
  • I said goodbye to Mary, who is like my little sister, and who went off to college in D.C., and who I'm going to miss very much.
  • I signed up for an online paleobiology class with The University of Alberta through Coursera.
  • I posted my August in Movies post.
  • and I celebrated my 22nd birthday by seeing The World's End with Alex, Michael, and my brother, and then going for drinks with them and Masha.
  • and of course, I worked a lot.
All in all August was pretty nice.


September in Review:
  • I didn't blog at all because it just didn't happen okay?
  • I turned 22 on the second of the month, and drastically failed my 21 before 22 (I'm not even going to link to it it's so embarrassing how little I got done on that list, but suggestions for a 22 before 23 are welcome.)
  • I made multiple trips to Target for Halloween goodies, and don't let that make you think I'm done doing my Halloween shopping.
  • I planned a Autumn themed package swap for The Blogger Family, and it was a blast, and I hope everyone had a lot of fun with it.
  • I helped make place cards, and center pieces, and all sorts of wedding stuff for Masha.
  • I missed Andrea Gibson's show here, and I was super bummed about it, but c'est la vie.
  • Lots of learning about dinosaurs.
  • I watched a lot of Fringe, A LOT OF FRINGE, and am almost through with Firefly.
  • Masha and Rami got married, and I'll probably write a post about the wedding, but I just want to say it was absolutely beautiful, and perfect for them, and I am so happy for them.
  • I got my first jury summons. Woo!
I was going to make an Instagram collage for this post, but I've been using Afterlight to size my photos for Instagram, and it was just a hassle to put together a bunch of non-square photos.  (but you can just go look at my instagram if you're curious).

I guess I need to update my blog in all the little spots where it says I'm 21, since I'm not anymore.  Time is weird guys.

Anyway, happy October!  I'm looking forward to my favorite month, and Halloween everything.

1 comment:

  1. Gah, I would so enjoy working at a bookstore!

    Paleobiology sounds so cool.

    Ugh, I wish I could make Halloween Target purchases. If I had a means of transporting myself to Target I'd be all over that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to say hello <3