Remember that time...

(Shelby & Mayte in Seattle last summer.)


What with a large portion of The Blogger Family all heading out to Austin for the second annual meetup, I figured I'd reminisce a bit.  Especially since I can't attend this year. *sadface*

Almost a year ago I got on a plane, for the first time, and flew to Seattle to meet with seven blogging friends I'd never met before, (and my cousin Dillon, who I had met before, but who is also in The Blogger Family).  We'd all been blog friends for years upon years, and decided, "Hey!  Let's meet!".  Which is an interesting thing to explain to people really, even people in the blogging community.  There are the concerns for safety, and the baffled facial expressions, and of course, once in a while the term "real friends" gets thrown around.  As if somehow these wonderful people can't be my "real friends", which is of course nonsense.  In fact we are, as what we call ourselves suggests, a family.  These are people who are welcome to call me at three in the morning with what's on their mind (and have), and vice versa.  These are friendships that I do believe will last most of, if not our entire, lifetimes.  It's something really special, and I am so lucky to be a part of it.

While I may not be going to Austin this summer, I can still stalk the Austin Meetup blog!
And see what The Blogger Family's up to.  If it's anything like last year it will be a marvelous adventure filled with all sorts of shenanigans.

Blogger Fam, I miss you guys, have an AWESOME time.

Much Love,
Amy


4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Amy. This makes me so nostalgic it's unreal. WE ARE GOING TO MISS YOU SO MUCH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just yesterday I was explaining the Blogger Family to a new friend! So exhilarating and cool to know others will be reunited. Has it really been a year?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sad that I couldn't go to last year's meetup and I wish I could make it to Austin, but I'm perpetually all the way up in the Northeast. Someday I'll get to see you all, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blog friends are some of the best friends. It's so cool to get to know someone through their words before really meeting them. I think it creates a level of intimacy that is so rare and so unique and cool.

    Long live blog friends!

    Em @Tightrope to the Sun

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to say hello <3