Liebster Award



Emma Jane of Tightrope to the Sun kindly awarded me the Liebster blogging award.
I've seen the Liebster on many blogs in the past and have always been curious as to what exactly it is, but after some time on google I really haven't come closer to learning how it started.  Suffice it to say, I am honored that anyone would award my blog with anything even if I don't know how the award started. haha.

Here's what it's all about according to Emma's post:

The Definition:
Liebster is German for sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.  How nice is that?
Blogging is about building community, and the Liebster is a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers and blogs.

The Rules:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to them.
2. Answer the eleven questions from your presenter, list eleven facts about yourself, and create eleven new questions for your nominees.
3. Present the Liebster to eleven other blog with 200 followers or less, who you feel deserve to be noticed, and let them know you've chosen them.
4. Copy/paste the award to your blog.

Emma's Questions for Me:

1. What is your favorite book? It's a tie between Fire and Hemlock, by Diana Wynne Jones, and The Ocean at the End of the Lane, by Neil Gaiman.
2. If you could go back in time to one day of your life, which day would it be and why? Any of the days during The Blogger Family's Seattle meetup last summer is fine with me!  Perhaps especially the day we all went to Fremont, and then Anthony's and the cove.  Even if we did have a terrible experience at that burger place.
3. If you had $1 million, what would you do? I would buy a home for my mom, and then one for myself, and save and donate anything left over. When buying homes a million doesn't stretch as far as it used to.
4. Would you rather be too hot, or too cold? Too cold for sure!  You can always add layers.
5. What is your biggest goal in life? To go through life as calmly, and as kindly as possible, and to not let things get to me.  I'd like to someday have the patience, kindness, and humility of a monk.  It'll take some work...
6. Favorite quote: It changes frequently, but this is my current favorite: “Here is the world. Beautiful and terrible things will happen. Don’t be afraid.", Frederick Buechner.
7. If you could meet one person, alive or dead, who would it be? Oh dear... I would very much like to have met Glenn Gould while he was alive.
8. What is love? 1 Corinthians 13:4-8
9. What are you most afraid of? Being too afraid to act.
10. What is your favorite smell? Rain, leather, coffee, Chanel's Coco Noir, jasmine.
11. Why do you blog? I blog as a creative outlet, as a journal for my experiences, as a method of staying in touch with this amazing community I've found myself a part of, and to pass the time.

Eleven Facts About Me:
I am always in the process of rewatching all of Supernatural. I am a cat person, but my dog trumps that because I think he may actually be the best animal in existence. I collect Disney soundtracks on vinyl. My Chemical Romance was my first "favorite band". I almost decided to major in animation. I accidentally started a Deadpool collection. My favorite children's authors are Diana Wynne Jones and Joan Aiken. I really love Japanese food. I studied pre-professional ballet for fifteen years. Manhattans are my favorite drink. James Jean is currently my favorite artist (or maybe Amy Sol).

I Nominate The Following Blogs:
I follow so many absolutely amazing blogs that have fewer than 200 followers, you all deserve this award, and I feel like I'd be cheating some of you by only picking eleven.  So consider this a nomination.  If I follow you, and you have fewer than 200 followers, you've been nominated for a Liebster!  Just do me a favor and let me know you've accepted and send me a link to your post :)

My Questions:
1. What movie can you watch over and over again without tiring of?
2. If you had to have the same thing for breakfast every morning what would you have?
3. Where is your favorite place to read a book?
4. Have you ever done something adventurous that you needed to step out of your shell to do? What was it?
5. What if your favorite album?
6. If you could take two people to dinner at any restaurant, who would you take, and where?
7. Why did you start blogging?
8. Favorite ice-cream flavor?
9. Neutrals or bright colors?
10. Do you have a lot of things hanging on your walls?
11. The best compliment you've ever received:

Many thanks again to Emma for giving me the Liebster.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely questions! I'd love to answer these when I have time <3

    I always say exactly what you did about the "hot or cold" question - there's always a certain point when it gets too hot and you just can't do anything else to cool down, and that's the point when you melt into a little puddle and die. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely answers! I love the questions you asked too :)

    And now I have another question. So you're a Gaiman fan? What is the first book of his I should read?

    Em

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to say hello <3