Blogger Outing



(Blogger outing with Kaylie. She took the second photo.)


Friday afternoon I met with Kaylie to browse shops and talk Blogger Family awesomeness.
We bought really lovely Rifle Paper Co. notecards on sale at Anthro, browsed Lush and Madewell, stared longingly at the clothes in Barney's (YOHJI), and ended up with matching drinks at Starbucks.

It was nice to be able to get together with Kaylie before she went to meet up with The Blogger Family in Austin.  I'm super excited for her and her first meet-up!  It's really amazing spending time with blog friends, but the summer meetups are so absolutely wonderful. No one feels ashamed when we all take our phones out to take pictures, or tweet something someone said.
If you're interested in seeing what all everyone's doing in Austin follow the #bfgta hastag on Instagram. So many great photos.

Other outing happenings: I, through some stroke of incredible luck or divine intervention, bought a very nice grey sweater at The Gap for $3.22 (Originally $47).  I don't know what I did to deserve that kind of good karma, but it is possibly the best buy I've ever made, and you all know I can never have too many grey sweaters and cardigans.
I also got to visit one of my old managers at his new job, and that was nice.  All in all it was a pretty great afternoon.

Other Things I've Been Up To: Listening to Welcome To Night Vale.  Catching up on comics.  Watching Fringe.  Boring paper-work stuff.  Second job hunting.  Listening to the rain (yes, it's finally raining here.).  Eating matcha milk candies.  Taking too many naps.

6 comments:

  1. It was so wonderful meeting up with you this weekend! We definitely need to get together more often. Hope you have a lovely week--we're all thinking of you and wish you were here. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a wonderful outing!
    Becky xoxo
    mybeautyedit.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Amy! Um, I really like your blog, so I've nominated you for the Liebster award, which is for blogs with under 200 followers.

    This post explains it a bit more, haha: http://ispyviolet.blogspot.com/2013/07/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. i know about this because i follow lina on instagram! i thought this was really cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a perfect outing, for sure! Visiting all my favorite shops... and scoring a good clearance deal? Can't beat it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and Kaylie are SO CUTE.
    And I'm so jealous of your grey sweater find. One can never have too many neutral colored sweaters.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to say hello <3