Catching Up...



The last week has been a bit of a rollercoaster here...

Hoot, our wonderful dog, who had been ill with a brain tumor passed on Thursday.  He was the most wonderful dog, and he lived a long fourteen years.  Ten of which we were fortunate enough to have him.

...but doors close and open.  We had been on a waiting list to rescue another dog for awhile.  The idea was to give Hoot a companion.  They emailed the day after Hoot passed saying there was a puppy in need of a home that fit what we were looking for.  We weren't at all thinking of adopting again so soon, but decided to visit the shelter anyway and see the puppy.  We fell in love.  There was no way we were going to leave him at the shelter.  So, we have welcomed a new dog into our family.  He's a Poodle/Bichon mix and his name is Kenneth.  He has the sweetest temperament, but is very much still a puppy.  Running around the house, and always wanting to play.  I'm glad to have that happiness and life back in the house.

Other Things That Have Been Happening:

  • I saw Star Trek with friends.  The company was wonderful, the movie not so much.  I'm a fan of the series, and of the 2009 film, but "Into Darkness" fell short.  I could go on and on about why I didn't like it, but I'll spare you.  I'll just say that I did think it was gorgeous, and the acting was great, but the plot(s) could have been executed better.
  • I finished reading "American Gods", and have checked it off my 21 before 22 list.
  • I'm still hooked on Hannibal and think EVERYONE should watch it. (Unless you have issues with gore/blood/cannibalism, or are a small child.)
  • I went to Phoenix Comicon with Mary this Sunday.  We were able to get tickets for a photo-op with John Barrowman, and went to his panel that morning.  It was great, he's great, and the rest of the con was fantastic.  There was an emergency evacuation of the convention center and the surrounding block towards the end of the con.  Everyone was so calm and orderly though, seriously.  It was the most seamless evacuation ever and there was no yelling or anything.  After about a half-hour it was deemed safe to return to the building (word is some kid pulled an alarm?) and they actually extended the convention by two hours.
  • I started Arrested Development last night.  I like it so far.  I mean, not as much as the previous seasons, but I like it.  Also, I'm only three episodes in so I'm sure my opinions will change and grow as I get further in the season.
  • I did decide to stop sponsorships until further notice.  It just wasn't the fit for my blog I thought it would be.  I love all the wonderful ladies I met through it though!  And I'm glad to have their blogs to read.  (Edit: I realize that this may mean some of you still have my button on your blog.  You are welcome to remove it if you wish.  No hard feelings seeing as I don't have buttons up anymore.  You're also welcome to keep it up if you'd like.)
I hope you are all doing well.

4 comments:

  1. I was so sorry to hear about Hoot. My dog is my family. But, that is wonderful that you got to rescue another wonderful one and bring him into your life! I did enjoy Star Trek Into Darkness, but then again I can certainly not call myself a true Star Trek fan at all. Yay American Gods! I read it because of you over spring break. It sounds like the con was awesome and that's so cool that you got to meet John Barrowman! I'll have to start Arrested Development soon but I'm scared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading American Gods too... slowly... Sorry to hear about your pup. Thats a hard transition, but it sounds like a new puppy will keep you busy and smiling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about your dog, thats absolutely terrible. We experienced something similar recently, and on the day we found out the bad news we also came across an opportunity to adopt. So crazy how things like that work out! I hope y'all are coping well! Can't wait to see pics of Kenneth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :( I'm sad about your dog, but I'm glad your family found a new puppy... He sounds absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to say hello <3