5.14.13.


(my bedside table, always a mess of books.)


Let's Blog a List! ♡

  • I downloaded the A Beautiful Mess app today.  I don't usually purchase apps, but OH MY GOSH do I love this app!  Super-cute features, easy to use, and lots of fun.  Just another thing to help fuel my Instagram habit.  (and also to help with photo editing since I don't have a camera and everything on my blog comes from my iPhone)
  • As per Maggie's suggestion I've finally started reading "Magical Thinking" by Augusten Burroughs.  I'm loving it.  Lots of laughter involved.
  • I'm pretty excited about seeing Star Trek later this week with some friends.
  • I got together with Lauren and her boyfriend on Saturday to see one of my brother's shows.  We had sushi afterwards and saw "The Great Gatsby", which I was surprisingly very pleased with.
  • My brother surprised me today with belated Christmas gifts (he wasn't in town for Christmas this year.)  He got me a really wonderful Deadpool art print, and the Pop Vinyl Deadpool bobble-head.
  • I'm thinking about letting the "sponsor" feature on my blog fizzle out.  All the ads currently running will stay up until they expire, but I don't think I'll be accepting any new ads or renewing any old ones.  It was a fun experiment, and PassionFruit is a great service, but I just don't think it's right for my blog.  I met some lovely bloggers through my brief fling with sponsorship, and will definitely still frequent all of your lovely blogs!  Obviously this has nothing to do with you guys, just a personal decision for my blog. :)
  • I'm mulling over some new regular features for my blog.  Bi-weekly tea reviews perhaps?  What are some things you think I should blog about?  With summer approaching I should have some more blogging time on my hands.
  • Speaking of summer: AUSTIN IS SO CLOSE I CAN TASTE IT!
  • Puppy is doing better.  He's on steroids now, and is slowly getting his walking legs back.  Hopefully he continues to improve.  
  • I started watching Hannibal a few weeks ago and I am HOOKED.  The show is brilliantly executed, and incredibly engaging.  Wonderful acting, writing, and production design.  I highly recommend it.  If you do start watching please consider watching on Hulu, or NBC's website.  The show is up for possible cancellation, and it would be such a shame to see such a work of art cut short.  Obviously, viewer discretion is advised given the content. (BUT IT'S SO GOOD.)
That's pretty much life right now.  Hope you're all enjoying what May has to bring you!

3 comments:

  1. Loving the Harry Potter poster in the background! Good luck with your blog list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES TO ABM APP, AUGUSTEN BURROUGHS, STAR TREK, TEA REVIEWS (!!), AUSTIN, AND ESPECIALLY THE HEALTHY PUPPY! I can't wait to see Gatsby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was admiring the Beautiful Mess app earlier today. My boss would love it.

    I really like Gatsby, too. I even liked Tobey McGuire, or at least I tolerated him. Can't wait for Star Trek!

    With summer, I hope to find more time to blog and catch up on TV. They are two things I just don't have time for during the school year anymore. Like, how did I ever manage it in high school?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to say hello <3