Weekend Update...

(...the bathroom decor at a local pub.)


While I still have a cold (...what might be mono?), I did get out a bit this weekend.
My brother had a performance with the company he dances for, and we spent a lot of time in the part of town the theater was located in on Friday and Saturday.
There was lots of delicious food, including the best salad I have ever had: mixed greens, goat cheese, roasted grapes, apples, candied pecans, and shrimp!  After the show we went for snacks/drinks with some friends.  Minus the fact that I'm still battling a nasty cough, I had a lovely time.

I'm definitely super wiped now though.  Sunday/Monday has been recoup time for me.  Lots of rest, tea, food.  Hopefully I can speed along the recovery.
I'm scheduled for work again this week, which rocks, but isn't going to do me any good if I'm not feeling well enough to go.  One day at a time.
So that was my weekend.


Currently...

Listening: Olafur Arnalds.  I jumped on the Spotify bandwagon, and it's really opened up my ability to listen to full albums before making the jump towards purchasing them.  Love it.

Reading: Lemony Snicket's new book "Who Could That Be at This Hour?".  I love the "Series of Unfortunate Events", and will always have a soft spot in my heart for well-written children's books.

Watching: Buffy the Vampire Slayer.  I watched it off-and-on a lot growing up, but I never did a full watch-through of the series.  So, I'm working on that now.  I'm also finally watching Firefly, and LOVING IT.

Doing: When I don't have an obligation like that performance, RESTING.  I need to be well.  So there is a lot of reading, napping, tea drinking, and art making going on.  I finished filing my taxes too!  Yay adulthood!  Also, I joined Chantilly Songs "Totally Awesome Blog-Hop".  I'm always excited to find new blogs to read so I figured why not?!

How was your weekend?

5 comments:

  1. AH! Olafur Arnalds! Love. Also, I watched alllllll of btvs about two years ago and it was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I'm so glad it lead me to yours :) Definitely following you back too! Awesome, you're watching Firefly!! That is a GREAT show, although the series finale did not give you much closure and kind of left the viewers hanging. There's a movie called "Serenity" that ties it all together, so make sure you watch that at the end of the series!

    Looking forward to more posts :)
    Christy
    Sunnywithasideof...

    ReplyDelete
  3. buffy is the best! love it! also lol at that bathroom decor.
    love your blog.
    let me know if you'd be interested in swapping ads!
    xoxo
    e
    http://nine-fortytwo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man I hope you get better! I hadn't read through your blog in a while and you're sick throughout every post. I'm sending healing vibes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh. hopefully you don't have mono. I got that in college and it latest FOREVER... :-(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to say hello <3