Under The Weather


(The view from my bed, which I've been confined to for far too long with this virus...)

Being sick is never a fun experience... Especially for me.  Any cold or virus bigger than your common cold will put me out of commission for a day or two.  Stuff like whatever mega-virus it is I have now leave me sick for weeks sometimes.  
I had hoped that the nasty bug I had in February would be the end of colds for me this season.  I was wrong.  

The virus I have now is apparently making the rounds, both here in Phoenix, and in other places.  For me it's manifested in awful ear infections, and non-stop coughing.  Luckily, the pain portion of the ear infections are gone for me, but I can't hear properly out of either ear now (like they need to pop, but in the worst way).  According to other people who've had this/gotten over this it can take a month or two to get your hearing back entirely.
The coughing is no fun because it keeps me up all night.  I've gotten about two hours of sleep a night for the past three days because I've spent so much of the night up coughing.  Not fun.
Also, because it's viral, it's one of those "wait it out" illnesses.

So, what do you do when you've been confined to your house for a week, can't properly hear, and can't stop coughing?  Try and nap as often as your coughing will permit, watch movies, drink lots of tea and water, read blogs, pray this cold goes away SOON.

I quite unfortunately had to miss The Bloggess, and her book event here in the valley.  I was super excited about that, but there was no way I could leave the house.  I'd get everyone in the bookstore sick.
My brother has his first performance with the company he's dancing for this weekend.  My fingers are crossed that I will be well enough to go see him!  Lots of vitamin C!

Hope the beginning of April has been kinder to all of you!

7 comments:

  1. Sending you healthy vibes. Sorry Amy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. April has been good, but I know a lot of people who are sick. Feel better, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw I'm sorry! Feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you'll feel better soon!
    Enjoy staying in bed ^^

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah, the cold! :( i have been down with that a lot this winter season. hope you feel better soon dear!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbitblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Amy, I'm so sorry that your immune system must constantly be bombarded with so many plagues. And that you have to miss The Bloggess! Gah that would have been wonderful. But, your health is the most important of course.

    ReplyDelete
  7. :( I'm sorry, being sick is NO fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to say hello <3