Sometimes it rains, sometimes it snows in Phoenix Arizona...

I got to cross off another item on my 21 before 22 list today.  "See snow".  Now, technically I have seen snow before (it snowed years ago in Scottsdale but only for moments), and honestly when I put that on the list I was thinking along the lines of honest-to-goodness SNOW, but today was an interesting day for weather and I'm going to honor it.

It has, in the last twenty-four hours, rained, hailed, and snowed.  All in my backyard, in Phoenix.  Alas, I don't have photos of the snow, but I assure you it happened. Google it.  The snow stuck in some areas, and you'll see a nice white blanket that I'm sure has melted by now. 
Now, for those of you from climate-ly rational areas of the world where you get four seasons this may seem like a silly post, but I assure you this is fascinating to me.  I mean, it was ninety degrees just a few weeks ago.  So, this is really something.  We sure don't get days like this often, and the weather decided to give us a little taste of everything today.

So here's to an incredibly strange day for weather in Phoenix, and SNOW.


8 comments:

  1. I've been hearing about that! That's crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the snow! I remember the first day I say it hear in Minnesota -- transformative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *here

    UGH, today has not been my day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe I missed this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhh that's amazing, snow in Scottsdale?? I have family that lives there, so exciting!! Glad you got to cross that off your list!

    I wonder if it will ever snow in LA :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stumbled upon your blog and I am smitten! I would absolutely jump for joy if you came over and said hi! We could totally be friends- loved this post. Also, I sound like a stalker FREAK, but I promise I'm pretty normal. Side note: Sometimes I break promises. Ha! XO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to say hello <3