2.25.13.



This weekend was lovely.  I got to stop by the Matsuri for a short while and met up with Alex and some of his friends.  Though it was sad not having Lauren there this year, as we have gone together every year since I was in... eighth grade?  Anyway, it was a nice, albeit short adventure.  The festival gets bigger and bigger every year.  It was so incredibly crowded this year I really didn't get to see much!  I did however get to stock up on lots of yummy Japanese treats like Okinawa brown sugar bread, and both custard, and red bean filled dorayaki!  Very happy.
Did you do anything fun this weekend?

I wasn't very interested in the Oscars this year, although I did keep track of the winners.  The one and only award I was invested in this year was Best Animated Feature, but ParaNorman lost to Brave and that sealed that deal.  Brave was a lovely movie, but I really feel that ParaNorman deserved that award.  Oh well...

I have a few days off work this week. (Which is crazy!)  So I'm going to try and catch up on some cleaning/reading/blogging/tea drinking.

Happy Monday Lovelies!

3 comments:

  1. I love your boots and the festival sounded adventurous indeed.

    Ha ha, I definitely did some fun things this weekend! There was an impromptu jam session in my room Friday night featuring a harmonica and violin at one point. It helps one of the musician is a cute guy I am sorta crushing on currently. Before that, though, I went to the school's production and then out to dinner with some classmates and a professor. And maybe I'll write a proper post about the other adventures I had. :)

    The Oscars disappointed me, really. Yay for Argo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw that sounds like fun! I don't know what durakyi's are but they look like moon cakes (which are filled with red bean paste as well) and i looove them. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matsuri! YAY! I was in a Japanese market today and I thought of you! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to say hello <3