10.27.12.



You guys.  It's been so long.  So much has happened this past month, and I can hardly believe it's been a month.


Things That Have Happened:

☛ My little brother is all grown up and has moved out.  He's now thousands of miles away in an absolutely fantastic graduate program, on a full merit scholarship and I couldn't be more proud of him.  I mean, I miss him like crazy, but I am so proud.  Lots of big sister feels.

☛ Life has had it's fair share of ups and downs, but it's looking up again, so that's good.

☛ I put together a blogger family swap for All-Hallows-Read.  The packages should be arriving to their destinations over the next few days.  I got my book from Lizzi: Something Wicked This Way Comes, my FAVORITE Bradbury.

☛ I have a second job now, and I couldn't be more excited.  I get to work around books, and that's something I've wanted to do for as long as I can remember.

☛ Since turning twenty-one I've had the occasion to buy a bottle of wine in the grocery store, and I felt so grown up handing the checker my new ID.

☛ My friend Alex and I have finally started getting together to watch all of the Lord of the Rings extended editions one by one, until the Hobbit comes out.  I'd never seen the extended editions before, there's so much to see that wasn't in the original theatrical versions!

☛ I have birthday mail for Shelby and Dillon all packed up and ready to send.  Sorry it's so late, as soon as I have a spare moment to get to the post office it will be on it's way!

☛ Mayte got me THIS PRINT for my birthday, and I'm dying over how absolutely perfect it is.

☛ Since, I didn't get around to making my monthly catch-up post for either August or September here are my "This Month in Movies" lists for those months:


THIS MONTH IN MOVIES: SEPTEMBER 2012
The Perfect Host, Young Adult, Quill: The Life of a Guide Dog, The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (Extended Edition), and The Road to El Dorado.

THIS MONTH IN MOVIES: AUGUST 2012
Hachimitsu to Clover, All My Friends Are Funeral Singers, Ten Inch Hero, Dresden, ParaNorman, The Debt, The Ides of March, Being John Malkovich, Hit and Run, Flawless, and A Civil Action.



8 comments:

  1. THE ROAD TO EL DORADO IS ACTUALLY THE BEST MOVIE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for blogposts!!!!!!!! It sounds like you've been having a good month--I'm glad things are looking up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy! It's so good to hear from you! I've been catching up with everyone's blogs now that I'm out of FB, but I noticed yours was missing for a while! I'm glad you're writing again, and that things are looking up for you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad your month has been awesome! I find Octobers are almost always like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww :) when all of the extended lotr extended versions came out, my friends & i had a lotr extended version marathon that lasted all day & most of the night. it was amazing. haha by the end, we were all lotr zombies ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barnes & Noble actually sounds like such a great job though. And oh my goodness, I can't believe I call myself a lover of LOTR when I have never seen any of the extended editions. This has to happen soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wanted to join the book swap, but I realized that the only scary books I own are non-fiction. Something tells me that wasn't really the point...Also, I'm a fraidy-cat. I cant handle scary stories - I get way too freaked out.

    :O Barnes & Noble! I used to work at Borders and I remember it being a pretty good time. Just be sure you don't let the novelty wear off. I know that after the first week of doing nothing but putting CD's and DVD's into security packaging and alphabetizing books I was going to go crazy. It can be fun though. You just need to find something in the store you love doing. Oh, and try not to be too judgmental of some of the crap people read. Turns out customers don't like that (Though on numerous occasions the entire store staff at my Borders conspired to make our entire collection of Twilight novels disappear).

    The last time I watched all of the extended directors cuts in one sitting was a bad decision. My entire dorm floor last year thought it would be a good idea to power-watch them during finals week. Non-stop LOTR marathon sounded better in theory, or at least before we all crashed...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get sad when I don't get carded anymore! So exciting for you (and then again, I'm a regular in the liquor store so they now know me - bummer). It sounds like you're making some awesome changes in life! I'm super impressed by all that you have going on, dear! <3 xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to say hello <3