This Month in Movies: July 2012

I went to see Brave with Lauren early in the month.  I really enjoyed it.  While, not Pixar's best, I did find it refreshing to have such a strong-willed and spirited Disney princess.  Also, the animation was GORGEOUS, and I loved the score.


Margin Call has been on my to-watch list since I first heard about it during it's production.  I can't believe it took me 'til this month to see it.   It served as an incredibly interesting and thought-provoking portrait of the Wall Street collapse, and what went on in the boardrooms during the hours before the general public found out.  I definitely recommend seeing it if you're interested in that kind of thing, or if you like "based on a true story", movies.  Which is a favorite genre of mine.



Speaking of "based on a true story"...
Punctured follows the story of lawyer Michael Weiss, and a case he filed against some of the biggest medical suppliers in the country for not putting the safety of hospital workers above profit.  An incredibly interesting story about corporate America, and public safety.


I know, I'd never seen Erin Brockovich before this month...  I loved it though, utterly fantastic.  Another true story about a case of corporation against public health.  


Other Films I Watched & Re-Watched: The Amazing Spier-man, Mrs. Palfrey at The Claremont, and Mission To Mars.

Update: The Dark Knight Rises I saw The Dark Knight Rises last night (7/31) with Lauren.  I went into the film with zero expectations, to be honest.  Of course, it surpassed my zero expectations, but it was still the weakest of the three Batman films in my opinion.  Everyone's acting shined, and the plot was interesting (even though I already knew the plot), but somehow the movie still came up short.  If you're a Batman fan, and saw the previous two movies in this franchise you should definitely see it, just don't expect the brilliance of the previous two films.  

2 comments:

  1. BRAVE! :D

    I haven't seen the others, but Margin Call does look intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The real reason you saw Margin Call was because of ZQ.....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to say hello <3