I Am Proud Of My Size



Dress: Anthropologie


The absolutely lovely, and über talented, Rachele of The Nearsighted Owl began a link-up series on her blog a few weeks ago called "I Am Proud of My Size".  It's a really inspiring project that encourages women of all ages and sizes to embrace the bodies they're in, and to be proud of the bodies they have.

Growing up with fifteen years of ballet classes "body-talk" was always happening somewhere around me, and it was a rare occasion when it was positive.  It's always sad to see so many beautiful women fretting over the number on their jeans when they have so much more to offer the world than their size.  Beautiful, talented, extraordinary women and girls who only consider themselves worth something if they fit into a certain pair of jeans.  

We all need to embrace who we are, and the bodies we're in, and I think it's fantastic that Rachele has started this link-up series!

So here's to radical self-love and loving my size!  And be sure to check out all of the other wonderful posts in Rachele's link-up!

In other news, I am IN LOVE with this dress!  I got it on sale at Anthro not too long ago, for a certain blogger meet-up I'm attending.  (We're all going out for a fancy dinner one of the nights.)  It's just so lovely.  More on that meet-up later.  Promise.  I'm SO EXCITED.

11 comments:

  1. THAT DRESS IS JUST THE CUTEST THING AND I AM SO EXCITED FOR SEATTLE CAPS LOCK FOR EVERYONE

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is so adorable. I love it, and you look gorgeous. So jealous that you have an Anthropologie near you! I have a dress I can wear for the fancy dinner, but I don't want to pass up an excuse to get another one. :) Also, the I Am Proud Of My Size project is a wonderful idea. In the world of cross country there's always a pressure to be as light and fast as you can be, so this is sort of talk is always a nice change from that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that Rachele's linkup is my favorite one ever! How do you find out about blogger meet ups? I have been searching the interwebs with no luck!! heartandthrift.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This particular meet-up is something I put together with some close blogging friends. We're all excited to finally meet each other in person!

      But a public meet-up in the future would be loads of fun! I wonder if anyone puts those together regularly?

      Delete
  4. That dress is beautiful, and I'm so with you on how awesome Rachele's linkups are! It's such a healthier message to accept who you are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dress is gorgeous, and we're on board with embracing sizes! x

    http://january-sublime.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww i love this! i just found her blog through your tumblr post! :D i feel like doing one! also, i need to get a dress!! maybe nicola & i will go dress shopping together... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still struggle with body acceptance. It's a great project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing dress! And I loved your accompanying post too. Glad to have found you through the link up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a neat link-up! everyone should learn to love themselves and their body. it's such a blessing! and i love your dress! everything Anthro is adorable :)

    andrea brionne
    @thedailyeverythings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that dress! And what a great link-up idea!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to say hello <3