7.13.12.



It's the weekend!  This week went by so quickly...
Here's a little list of what all went on in my life this week:


➝ I worked A LOT. They don't usually schedule part-timers too many hours a week where I work, but I was very fortunate this week.  I worked everyday.  I'm one of those people that really enjoys working.  I know, weirdo.

➝ I spent an evening with my window open listening to the rainfall.  It was so nice to finally get some rain here. Hopefully there's a lot more to come!

➝ I drank way too many slushies from Sonic.  It's just been so hot... even on the night it rained.  I'm not a fast-food girl at all, but Sonic slushies have been a staple this summer.
I love their Lemon-berry "real fruit" slushie.

➝ I've been watching Star Trek: The Next Generation before bed with my mom most nights.  I grew up watching TOS with the girl across the street, and was reluctant to start Next Gen, but I'm LOVING it.  I honestly don't know what I expected.  It's really fantastic.  I feel so silly for being so stubborn about seeing it.

➝ I've been making hand-squeezed lime-ade.  Lots of it.  Trader Joe's has really great deals on bags of lemons and limes, and it's only fueling my summer drink addiction.

➝ I've been trying to catch up on housework...

➝ I've been listening to R.E.M.'s Losing My Religion on repeat.

➝ I was the recipient of a random act of kindness at Starbucks.  I was three cents short buying my drink, and the lady behind my offered me three pennies.  So sweet.  She said it would be silly to put three cents on my debit card.  Sweet people make me so happy!

➝ I wore my new Doctor Who shirt... more than once.  Who cares!?  It's so cool. SO COOL.

➝ ... and I've been playing lots of music on turntable.fm
I may have a problem when it comes to that site I lose track of time so quickly!


And I still have the weekend to look forward to!

How was your week?

13 comments:

  1. I want, no, I need your shirt. So good! Turntable is pretty rad, it's easy to loose track of time on there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOUR SHIRT IS FREAKING AWESOME.

    Yes.

    And I understand your summer drink addiction. Sonic is so cheap, yet so yummy... Mmm... Lemon Berry...

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOUR SHIRT IS THE BEST THING! Also, it's wonderful when people spot you three cents or something like that. It's nice to know that there are still nice people doling out little bits of kindness here and there every there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's funny you should mention Star Trek because I think you'll be in for a pleasant surprise in your next package! <3

    Somehow the three cents reminds me of the scene in The Amazing Spider-Man when Peter's trying to buy whatever and takes pennies from the "leave a penny" thing on the counter. But good thing the lady wasn't a criminal and try to hold up the Starbucks!

    I got an e-mail that you were DJing last night on Turntable. Sadly I was asleep. Next time you're on hopefully I can join in. It's a great way to spend a summer night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay Doctor Who shirt! That thing is so cool. I went the Next Gen route before I went Original Series--they're both so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was asleep when you were djing. YAY work ( I enjoy working also).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your shirt! Also, HOORAY TNG! PICARD ALL THE WAY.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i live in the desert in a bungalow with three kitties and like to sing while i do laundry. FRIENDS! -Jes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Tee is fab! I must have one! :0 xx

    www.satinandsouffles.com
    www.satinandsouffles.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sure the rain was welcome after the weather you guys have been having over there! Over here there are flood warnings after flood warnings for the countryside folk. I've rather been enjoying the rain though, helped by the fact that I've been mostly indoors, but even so, I've sat with the window open to listen to the rain. And say whaaaat? Next Gen is awesome! I'm still more a Voyager fan though - the idea of being isolated and far away gives it a nicer touch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. listening to the rain is one of my favorite things... along with sonic [ocean water??] now that i live in san diego i have to drive at LEAST 30 minutes to get one. ridiculous huh?! so happy i found your blog and im looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  12. where do you work? i guess working a lot means more money! :)

    andrea brionne
    @thedailyeverythings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to say hello <3