4.14.12.

❝ I really don’t know what ‘I love you’ means. I think it means ‘Don’t leave me here alone.' ❞
                                                          -Neil Gaiman






(I was going to start writing this post a few minutes ago, but Radiohead's "Creep" started playing on Pandora, and so, naturally, I had to have an impromptu sing-a-long session.)


:Spring Cleaning:

It's no secret that I'm an organization nut.  I mean, I take it personally when things aren't in their right place.  Maybe that's an overreaction, maybe I should mellow out in that area, but it's the truth.  Deal.  
It's pretty difficult to keep a very small bedroom organized though, especially when you want to a) have enough floor space to do some Yoga every night, and b) are a book hoarder.  It was hardest staying organized when I had bunk-beds.  I mean, I would just throw things on the top bunk and forget about them... so awful.  After finally getting rid of the bunk beds I've been on a slow but steady mission to have my room completely organized and as minimalistic as possible (With the exception of all of the books I've been hoarding.).  Well, it's finally getting there, after making my first adult purchase of a dresser for my clothes, and sorting through my belongings for things to donate, I've a much simpler, more organized bedroom.  Everything has it's own place, and I couldn't be happier. I even built a small cabinet for some of the books and movies that I'd ended up stacking on the floor due to lack of shelving. (Seriously, I mean it when I say I'm a book hoarder.  Think Alaska Young, and then multiply.)

With my personality I don't know that I could ever be fully satisfied with my room organization-wise.  I'm always moving things around, and trying to make things more efficient, and less cluttered, but I think I'm off to a pretty good start.


:Music To My Ears:

Teardrop (Massive Attack cover)-Jose Gonzalez
Level-The Raconteurs
Girl-Beck
Today-Smashing Pumpkins
Back To The Old House-The Smiths
Polly (Nirvana cover)-Amanda Palmer
My Sundown-Jimmy Eat World
Creep (Acoustic)-Radiohead
Lights-Journey
Everybody Hurts-R.E.M.


:Life:

I've been spending most of my time at work, and if I'm not working you can almost guarantee it's because I have a cold.  I have become a work-a-holic, and I'm hoping the getting sick all the time is just because that's who I've always been (I mean, seriously, I get sick so often...), and not because I'm working myself too hard.  Anyway, I'm working a lot, and doing a lot of Yoga, and spending too much of my earnings on comic books and tea.  I've started collecting a few of the New 52 titles (The Flash, Justice League.), and a few other titles (Supernatural, Deadpool.).  I end up sitting outdoors somewhere sipping tea and reading a comic on my off time more often than not.  I get a lot of strangers who walk up to me and tell me they didn't know comics were still a "thing"... really?

In other news, tomorrow is when I celebrate Easter (Orthodox).  This year is so hectic, I really haven't planned or prepared for it at all, I'm slightly ashamed because it's always been such a big deal in my life, but it just didn't happen this year.  
Hopefully I will be able to spontaneously plan something Easter-y come tomorrow.  Spending some of the day outdoors would be optimal.  We've been graced with some fantastic faux-winter weather the past few days (Well... faux-Arizona-winter weather.).  It's nice to not have a scorching hot April for once.


(Reading: "The Word For World Is Forest" by:Ursula K. Le Guin Watching: Sherlock (BBC) Listening To: "Primary" by:The Cure)

8 comments:

  1. I admire how organized you are, seriously. I'm the worst at organization but sometimes I have random bursts where I organize my books and walls. idk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogpost!!!!!!

    I WANT THAT DEISGN SPONGE BOOK IN YOUR PICTURE!

    I agree with Mayte--I do the same thing. You should teach us your tricks for awesome organized living.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've found that being organized, or the process of organizing de-stresses myself, so I only organize when I'm stressed out! Glad you can just do that automatically.

    You're spending your earnings...? Save for Seattle!
    You better have your ticket Amy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man. I am not organized at all. I envy you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My whole family has a book hoarding problem. It's exacerbated even more because none of us own nor want e-readers. Books are too precious.

    I'm glad you blogged. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omnomnom waffles.

    Organizing things is so much fun. That's something I'm really looking forward to when it comes time to move to college-- taking only the essentials and making my dorm a freaking masterpiece. But yeah, there is the slight problem of the stacks upon stacks of books everywhere... hmm.

    Hope you had a good Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am an organization freak, my brother used to come into my bedroom just to move something because he knew I'd always move it back to where it belonged. I may have books piled up on the floor, but they are piled by type and size! Otherwise I don't actually have much *stuff*, I sold everything I didn't have an emotional connection to, just because it made it easier to have a space where I can chill out and focus.

    Do take care of yourself dear, health comes first! (I drove myself quite literally into the ground, which was quite the wake up call). And Deadpool comics are ace! I've been buying them for a few years, especially after my beloved Wolverine comics vanished. And I hope you had a lovely Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to say hello <3