Online Window Shopping: 02

❝ Your soul doesn’t care what you do for a living - and when your life is over, neither will you. Your soul cares only about what you are being while you are doing whatever you are doing.
                                                                                                                                       —Neale Donald Walsch



(1. 2. 3. 4. 56. 7.)




.▲.

Spring is gracing Phoenix a bit early this year (and by Spring I of course mean 80° weather, and some breezy days.)  But even with the too-hot-for-the-season weather Spring in Phoenix has always been enjoyable if you know what to wear, where to hang out, and what time of day is the coolest. 
So I'm looking forward to spending the few Spring days my hometown has to offer leisurely before Summer hits.

It's perfect dress weather, and a good time to swap out your Wintery perfumes for something lighter and fresher.  Also, if you're in the habit of Spring cleaning like I am, don't forget to throw out your old make-up (you should go through your make-up every six months at least, and change out your mascara every three months.)

When it comes to Spring cleaning I tend to go through my bedroom from top to bottom.  I sift through my closet and bag anything I no longer wear to donate, I trash/recycle any old mail/magazines/catalogs that I don't need anymore, dust EVERYTHING (especially the things I'm too short to reach without a step-ladder), and go through my books/cds for things I can take to a used bookstore for credit...  which usually isn't much.  I like to think that I can easily detach myself from my material belongings, and mostly that's true, I'm a master at the portion of Spring cleaning that has me bagging old possessions to donate, but when it comes to things like books... guys, confession, I AM A BOOK HOARDER.

Anyway, it's perfect weather for wandering the park during the weekend, and eating baked-goods on the patios of your favorite coffee shops.  It's also the time of year where I crave fresh fruits and veggies.  I've been eating so many berries, and so much kale and chard, and drinking so much green tea.

Your favorite things about Springtime?

(Reading: "The Word For World Is Forest" by:Ursula K. Le Guin Watching: Vanilla Sky Listening To: "All The Rowboats" by:Regina Spektor)

10 comments:

  1. I need to get back into blogging too!
    I loved this post, spring is definitely making it's way around and it's nice.
    Also: spring is close to summer and summer means SEATTLE.
    That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man. I really need to get into spring cleaning.

    I am dress obsessed during spring time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is like springtime! A warm, calm fresh breeze!

    Also, I want I want I want those boots and that dress something fierce.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it all!!!! Spring in AZ is beautiful, but brief. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been so damn gorgeous out I can't even. Yesterday I wore a dress with bare legs for the first time in months and it was so glorious. SPRING CLEANING! That will probably happen at 2 AM one night where I suddenly have the urge to clean out my closet and get rid of a huge pile of crap.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am terrible at throwing out make up and I'm also terrible at spring cleaning, mostly because I hate moving things around in my room.
    I am also a book hoarder, it's pretty bad, and I cannot give them away because I'm attached to books I haven't even read yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That dress is dreadfully pretty. And I have to confess I am a book hoarder as well. I have pretty much sold anything and everything of mine I do not need or is sentimental, but I have way too many books. Quite literally have stacks on the floor against one wall because I have no more shelf space. I gave two boxes of books to charity, but there are too many I want to keep :s

    And definitely with you on changing fragrance for the warmer weather. I've gone back to CdG Rhubarb. Starts off rather tart and fresh, but mellows into a nice vanilla base with a lingering topnote of rhubarb.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog is amazing!!!! You are brilliant! Fantastic post! Have a brill day!

    www.the-white-list.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Already commented on this post, buuuuut, wanted to ask your thoughts on the new Doctor's assistant? I'm going to miss Amy Pond, which is not something I never thought I'd say, but she's grown on me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a book hoarder too...and magazines...and so many other bits and pieces. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to say hello <3