What makes you terribly happy?



Lina, posted a terribly happy list, and it seemed like a fun idea. So, here's mine.


What makes you terribly happy?

➀ Crawling into a freshly made bed with freshly cleaned sheets for the night.

➁ Putting together snail mail for faraway friends.

➂ Making coffee and waffles on Saturday mornings.

➃ Sitting in a local cafe with a cappuccino and a book.

➄ Playing the piano after a long day.

➅ Cleaning my bedroom.

➆ Listening to the Lord of the Rings soundtracks.

➇ Seeing small children playing in the fountains close to where I work.

➈ The purr of a kitten.

➉ Wearing pajamas all day.

10 comments:

  1. i have been meaning to make one of these. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cleaning my bedroom makes me terribly happy too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay!! i love it amy : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. 6 and 10 are sooo true <3 Love the list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting your blog lately makes me smile, it's looking so lovely. <3

    Your piano playing is amazing, I envy your whole family for being able to enjoy your music on a given day. #10 made me laugh to myself -- I'm in pajamas anytime I'm at home, really. The first thing I do when I get home is don a favorite pair of comfy pjs.

    Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought I was the only person who actually enjoyed cleaning their room! Although to be honest it is cleaning of any kind, I find washing the dishes relaxing. I think it's the joy of a simple and mindless task. You have a clear endpoint and a clear process, so you can go into autopilot, which gives you time to think and relax your mind.

    And I love seeing little children play, although being a bearded gent with rather crazy hair does unfortunately mean if I do sit and watch them I'll probably end up spending the evening talking to the Police. A media based on paranoia does strange things to society.

    Oh and there is definitely nothing as satisfying as the sound of a kitten giving a purr, makes me smile every time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to agree with almost everything you wrote here - exact same for me! It's the little things that make life so special :) X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to say hello <3