10.12.11.

❝ Yes, yes, I know. It’s easier to download music, and probably cheaper. But what’s playing on your favourite download store when you walk into it? Nothing, that’s what. Who are you going to meet in there? Nobody. Where are the notice boards offering flatshares and vacant slots in bands destined for superstardom? Who’s going to tell you to stop listening to that and start listening to this? Go ahead and save yourself a couple of quid. The saving will cost you a career, a set of cool friends, musical taste and, eventually, your soul. Record stores can’t save your life. But they can give you a better one. ❞
— Nick Hornby







▲●▼●▲●▼●▲


I may have taken a page out of Shelby's book and become a workaholic.
I love it though. I feel accomplished getting so much done in a day. I have a steadier routine, and a happier outlook, and I think I owe it to my newfound sense of responsibility and accomplishment.

Yoga has been fantastic for me. It's that whole "Eastern Philosophy / Positive Outlook" stuff. I'm calmer, and happier, and not as stressed. It's amazing what standing on your head for a few minutes every couple days will do for you. I mean, seriously, try it (with supervision if you're inexperienced please. i don't want anyone breaking their neck on me). Works wonders.

In addition to yoga I've been trying to de-stress my life's in other ways, one of which is my dietary habits. I've always eaten healthily, I've been raised to do so, and as a result of years of ballet training have sat through many a nutrition class/lecture, but I wanted to take it a bit further, and eat in a more health conscious, ethical, and environmentally conscious way. I'm trying to cut my consumption of meats down further. I have attempted a vegetarian lifestyle multiple times, but with my body coming close to anemia on more than one occasion I feel the need to re-approach vegetarianism from an angle that's good for my health. For now, I'll just limit my meat intake, and work from there.


Unfortunately, my workaholism has resulted in me taxing my immune system a little beyond it's capacity.  I came down with a cold while at work Friday night, and it hasn't left me.
I missed class this week because of it too.  I've sent my instructor an email though, and since she's knows I've been really sick.  I'm hoping she'll let me make-up the classes so I can keep my grade.  I have an A in that class, and it would suck to have it become a B because I got sick and couldn't take.
I offered to write a paper... hopefully that'll do it.
Normally I would show up to class sick, actually, I did, but my teacher sent me home.  Apparently you can tell how miserable I am.  Or at least, you could on Tuesday.

It's been box after box of tissues, and strange cold remedy concoction making in the kitchen, cough drop, naps, and bad television.  I just want it to end so I can get back to work, and school, and life.
I need a weekend at the blogger safe-house to recuperate guys.


There's also been a fair amount of internet browsing and I've determined, though I'm finding the purchase hard to justify, that sometime in the near future I need to invest in this moose.  I will name him Padalecki and we will live happily ever after.  I've also written a ton of blogger letters, and am putting together Dillon's birthday package extraordinaire.  There are a few more elements that need compling but I'm almost finished with it.


Other than that it's been geeking out over the Avengers trailer, gushing over Lush's Halloween goodies, and putting together a Halloween playlist on my iPod.

I'm pretty excited about iOS5 being out today.  I'm just going to update my phone.  Not all of my music is resident on my computer, and updating my iPod would mean loosing all my music files (4000+ songs), and I don't have the energy to go putting my whole CD collection on the computer to transfer to my iPod.  It took days, and days, and days the first time around...


How are all of you doing?

7 comments:

  1. Oh us overachieving workaholics. And yet we somehow also find time to peruse the internet. We're a rare breed, and a blogger safe house really is necessary to keep our species from dwindling out, I think. Please try to stay healthy! <3 FEEL BETTER. And oh goodness, I'm really afraid to try updating my iPhone because I reaaallllyyy don't want to risk losing any of my music....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you're still sick! Poor Amy. :( I bet you're itching to get back to work and your old routine. Your yoga teacher sounds understanding, I hope you're able to keep that A you worked for in your class. Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed, we all work/study too much.

    But the fact that we can balance it makes me happy.

    YOU SHOULD GET THAT MOOSE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They offer yoga classes to take as our P.E. credits, and I've been thinking of doing that when comes the time, but I'm not sure. Yoga has always interested me and what's better than taking it for college credit, buuut I might just take volleyball.

    I really, really need to work on my diet. It's so annoying how difficult habits are to break.

    AVENGERS. AH.

    So what's the deal with the update? Why would music be lost? What's happening?

    I hope you feel better soon! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. hope you feel much better soon amy.
    i am scared to update my iphone now! eek.
    i sent you a package...a birthday package. i am really sorry its late, i just have not had the time to get into town to the post office.
    much love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you're feeling better - health comes before work (believe me, I've made that mistake...kinda paying for it now actually). And I do enjoy yoga, don't really do it anymore but I do meditate, it works wonders. And all this iOS stuff makes me confused, I don't own an iPhone or anything, but everyone seems excited so I guess it must be a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all, you are so much healthier than me, it is ridiculous. Go you! I wish I could get into yoga.

    I hope you are feeling better by now! Thank goodness for the internet to keep your sniffly nose company!

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to say hello <3