10.23.11.

❝ In my head, as a kid I always had this romantic idea of me in a lighthouse with a pipe organ, being a composer, and kind of doing it all myself. I didn’t need any outside stimulus. Also, because I enjoyed being on my own so much, I never really understood the word ‘loneliness’. As far as I was concerned, I was in an orgy with the sky and the ocean, and with nature. ❞
—Björk


That's right! I'm sitting at a computer. Surprised? I am.
These past few weeks my only contact with the interweb has been through my handy-dandy iPhone, but sometimes even the iPhone can't do it all. I've been deprived of my blog(s) for far too long, and I'm going to try to post more frequently now that I'm getting used to my new (CRAZY) schedule.

The cold I had last week/the week before lasted FOREVER. It was awful, luckily I spoke with my instructor for the classes I missed and she's allowing me to make them up even though the quarter has ended. So this next week is going to be super busy juggling work/teaching/classes/make-ups. WORTH IT.

I like being busy.

Lauren spent the weekend at my place. We browsed Anthro, drank many a Starbucks, made waffles, and went to Vampire. I love seeing that show. It's different every year, and it's so neat seeing some of my former teachers perform. It's just a spectacular production. In fact, they're going to be performing Halloween weekend in Whitby England at the Bram Stoker film festival. UK readers, if you can make the trip to Whitby for Halloween I promise you won't regret it!

The lovely Shelby put together a fall mix swap. Pretty excited about it! Sent mine out and cannot wait to see who my secret swap partner is. :)

I've been getting increasingly jealous of Lauren's web design/Photoshop prowess. I'm still awful at both, but I've spent the morning tweaking my blog, and fooling around in Photoshop Express making little graphics, and edits for the blog. Maybe someday I'll have her amazing skills. Did you know she'll DESIGN YOUR BLOG/SITE for you?







Jenni's Splendid Ice-Creams At Home


Everytime I see this book I want a copy... making ice-cream from scratch looks like so much fun!






My Brightest Diamond /// All Things Will Unwind


My Brightest Diamond | I Have Never Loved Someone | A Take Away Show from La Blogotheque on Vimeo.


❝ Eclectic, different, refreshing, fantastic, those are the first four adjectives that come to mind the minute I slip All Things Will Unwind into my CD drive.
I've been listening to All Things Will Unwind on repeat since it arrived in my mail box full five days before it's release the on 18th. A rather pleasant surprise if I do say so myself. ❞

Check out my review on This Is Our Sound.

6 comments:

  1. I'm in love with All Things Will Unwind already. Shara Worden is fantastic.

    Aw, thanks so much for the plug. <33 You're doing great work, and in such little time! The blog is looking prettier and prettier each time I visit.

    Vampire was so much fun, I'm so glad I made it! I'd love for it to be a yearly tradition. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the re-design!

    i'm so glad that you got to have a good weekend, you deserved it!

    you're just really intense, lately! :) keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for having a good weekend!

    And I love your new re-design! It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the new design SO MUCH. It's just all kinds of awesome.

    I like being busy, too. Except I also miss lounging around on the internet all day. Meh.

    I'm glad you had a wonderful weekend. :) And yes! I'm excited for the mix CD swap, too! I've had People & Things from Jack's Mannequin playing literally nonstop for the past three weeks so it's time for a change...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it all! I can't wait to see all your adventures in photoshopping, because I'm liking what I see!

    I WANT THAT ICE CREAM BOOK.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your redesign! Also, I really need to finish my mix CD. And blog. And send out the packages that have been sitting on my desk for the past two months, which include your birthday present. OOPS.

    Why can't I get things done like you do?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to say hello <3