Seafoam Eyes

❝ The night
She brushed her hands upon my flushed cheek
Smelled of childhood remnants of a dusty weeping willow
Clouds soothe, Shredded by the calico
Were oh so vast and quick as I was on my own now.
This time like every other time I believe that I never find
Another sweet little girl with sequined sea foam eyes
Ocean lapping voice smile coy as the brightest quiet span of sky
And I'm all alone again tonight not again, not again, not again. ❞
-Jason Mraz (Tonight, Not Again)






●▲▼▲▼▲●



:Time for a Change-

There are always little milestones you reach in your life that warrant change. I'm not talking big milestones like graduations and birhdays, or a move. Nothing like that. By little milestones I mean those days where you wake up and the first thing you think is "I need a change. Something new, something fresh.". Sometimes your change is something as simple as a change of scenery for a few days, or a new choice of beverage at your favorite cafe, but my change is a little bit bigger, as you may have noticed.

See it yet? No? Look a little harder...
Yeah. My blog is kind of completely different. New colors, new design, new title. A little change for my little milestone. My yearning for change stems a little from the realization that my life is changing. Not drastically by any means, but little by little I'm making my way towards the mysterious and of adulthood. Do I still put sprinkles on my ice-cream, and watch cartoons, or play 32bit Lord of the Rings games on my Gameboy? OF COURSE I DO. But, I'm also edging out into that territory of, get a job, move out, make something of yourself. That mysterious world of the socially acceptable adult. I don't know where it's taking me, but it will be an adventure.
My whole life has been, and will continue to be an adventure book that plays itself out on its own. Everything changes, and flows in its own way, and I can't wait to see where the next stray breeze takes me.
But for now, it's nowhere so mysterious, just a re-vamped blog. Woohoo.
✂------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:Seafoam Eyes-

Maybe you follow my tumblr? If you do, then you're familiar with the name, and if not you need to get on that! Hit the follow button guys. It's easy. Promise.

I haven't changed my url just yet. It's going to happen, I just have to find a cheap and easy place to register a domain name. The reason I don't have a new .blogspot url is simply because the one I was pining after is in use. Worst part of that is that the blogger who claimed it ISN'T EVEN USING IT... oh well. But, yeah, there may be a new url in my blogs future, and I'll keep you all up to date on that, but for now any links you have to my blog will remain unbroken, and if you're subscribing you'll still get my feed.

As you may have guessed from the quote at the beginning of the post the title Seafoam Eyes had some inspiration behind it.
I'm in love with that particular Jason Mraz song. It's probably my favorite song of his, and that particular lyric always seemed so magical to me. Alas, I have brown eyes, and so I greatly doubt I'll ever have such eloquent lyrics written about my eyes. I mean come on, you can't turn brown eyes into anything poetic. But I can borrow a name so I can keep a bit of the magic, and that's what I've done. I suggest you all give Tonight, Not Again a listen. I promise you won't be disappointed. I've always found something incredibly lovely about things that remind me of the sea, and this song, and those lyrics, and those two (three) words were my favorite by far.
✂------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:Lovely-

I went to the post office a few days ago (and am making another trip tomorrow to pick up my swap gift), and picked up two lovely packages. One, from my friend Kayleigh, who you'll be hearing more of soon as she's joining the blogosphere. There were chopsticks, and kitten shaped chopstick rests. It was awesome. Another package came from Maggie, and I couldn't contain my squeals. She sent me a Tardis mug which has gotten A LOT of use since it arrived. A LOT OF USE.

Sunday was spent at the library store where I picked up two back-issues of Dwell, David Sedaris's "When You Are Englufed In Flames", Beach House's "Teen Dream, and an album of children's songs by Donovan, all for under four dollars.
I also ended up at a local new/used bookstore where I got a three disc vinyl album of Babar stories and songs to add to my collection of vinyl for children. While there I also grabbed the soundtrack to The Two Towers for a steal, not the 25¢ steal I get at the library, but a steal nonetheless. I'm just in love with "Gollum's Song", I may have had it on repeat at one point.
After a day of books and music, I went to a local organic market with my family and had a delicious lemon poppy-seed muffin (the one in the photo up there), and some iced white tea with mint. Good day.
✂------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What have you all been up to? Anything exciting?

9 comments:

  1. I love love love the new look of your blog! It feels so peaceful :D

    I promise I'll get your mix cd out to you soon, I've ripped a few envelopes trying to shove the cd in. I'll probably go to target tomorrow and get one of the envelopes for birthday cards. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMYYYYYYY

    I don't know. I just like you and your writing and especially you a lot so I felt like shouting your name. Well, "shouting..."

    Your blog redesign looks marvelous. Once you figure out how to host your own site and everything I'm sure it will be even more marvelous. :D

    Fellow brown eyed girl here. :( I wish my mom's green-eyed genetics hadn't been overpowered.

    I am going to FINALLY get to the post office tomorrow, so you should expect a little something soon! Nothing that great, but still. Hehe.

    I definitely still have a soft sport for all things Lord of the Rings related. Though my Harry Potter love definitely trumps it, I did actually read The Hobbit/LOTR before Harry Potter...

    ReplyDelete
  3. 01. That is honestly my favorite Jason Mraz song, and I meant to say something to you ages and ages ago when I saw it was the title of your Tumblr, but obviously forgot. It's so just wonderful; one of those songs you listen to driving down the street at night. Love him to pieces.

    02. Looove your blog, by the way! I love blog updates. Also, I so have that color of Sharpie and it is one of my favorites.

    03. I am thrilled that you love your mug as much as you do. I'm glad that I stumbled upon them in Hastings while looking for Harry Potter glasses before the midnight premiere.

    04. I've been turning in applications all over the place, and Aeropostale (which I really don't want to work at, but have to work somewhere I suppose) is having a group interview tomorrow at three. I feel terrified.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A change is as good as a holiday! Well at least that is what my grandma always told us growing up.
    I really like your new look here. Its fun mixing things up. Smiles

    Life is an adventure, I'm so glad that you think so too!

    Will you be posting pics of your Summer swap package when it arrives? I'd love to see what everyone else came up with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh i love your new blog layout!!! its so cute! :D i love your photos in the banner. <3

    yeah, i know the feeling. i want to move out and get on with life...however lack of funds are stopping me doing that. :(

    yay!!! a tardis mug!!! how super fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This re=vamped blog of yours looks spiffy! Yes, I did just use the word spiffy, haha.

    I guess it's similar to the straight-haired girl wanting curly hair and the curly-haired girl wanting straight hair dilemma, but as one with green eyes, I've always wanted brown. Is that strange?

    Packages are the best! :D

    I have been working on a 365 project while trying to research colleges and scholarships. Only part of this if fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this post, because I also find myself making little changes in the sake of initiating some sort of "change". So much love for your new layout and name. I promise I won't read it as "sea of meyes"...

    I'm about to encounter a whole lot of change too, and up until last night I had nothing but excitement. Then I realized WHOA... this might be a little difficult moving to a strange place and not having anyone. This post reminded me to be excited again! (I guess reality had to set in for at least a night.). So thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the new look! It's so clean, and like the song... magical!

    Thanks for mentioning me! I'm glad you liked the package. I am still working on your uplifting CD, and will ask a few of my buddies to work on a song as magical as this one about brown eyes haha :) I hope your summer goes well and you enjoy your change! <3

    Also, my verification for this post is "pottr" and it makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE LOVE the new look. And your swap package got sent back to me, lost in the mail I guess. I will be sending it off again this afternoon. Second try should be the ticket :)

    -H

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to say hello <3