06.18.11.

❝ It is always sad when someone leaves home, unless they are simply going around the corner and will return in a few minutes with ice-cream sandwiches. ❞
—Lemony Snicket (Horseradish: Bitter Truths You Can’t Avoid)




▼▲▼▲▼



. I spent the better part of yesterday evening playing piano at a former dance instructor's party. It was lovely.
A friend of mine brought a cheesecake she had made, and it was absolutely delicious!


. I'm going to be taking an application in to my local comic book shop. They're not technically hiring right now, but they said if I brought my resume in they'd keep it on file in case there's an opening. I'd really love to work there, so hopefully it'll all work out to my advantage.


. Okay, so he's quirky as can be, but I love Shatner's silly renditions of songs and his cover of Pulp's "Common People" takes the cake!


. I've discovered that a mixture of grapefruit juice and a splash of Pom pomegranate-cherry juice makes the perfect summer afternoon drink.


. Putting together my school schedule for Fall is proving more difficult than I'd originally thought it would be.


. I'm putting my package for the summer swap together and having so much fun doing it.


. I feel like taking out my sketch book and trying my hand at drawing again. It's been forever.


How are you enjoying your weekend?

9 comments:

  1. Oooh, cheesecake. Omnomnom. :D And your drink mixture sounds delightfully delicious!

    I am so pumped to get started on my package! I haven't begun getting mine together yet, but I shall soon. And it shall be grand.

    My weekend has consisted of being superficial and materialistic and buying clothes... yep. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it weird that I've never had cheesecake before?

    Good luck scheduling your fall classes! My brothers make it seem painless but I think they just can't admit they can't make a decision, haha.

    I must work on my package! :)

    I spent my weekend so far playing tennis, watching Super 8, palm reading in Books A Million and eating vegetarian nachos. It was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheescake, piano, drawing... sounds like a glorious day!! I love the quote too. I definitely read all of those books except the last one (I'm crazy, right?!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES!!! you must get a job in the comic book shop!!! :) thats like a dream job!!! :D:D

    i have nearly finished my summer package!!! oooh its so much fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. CHEESECAKE!!!!!

    Awesomeness. On a plate.


    ..





    Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummooo for cheesecake. I could not be more of a fan!
    Seriously, putting in your application is a great idea. You never know when something will come up - and be persistent if this is really something that you want to do. Check in with them every so often to see what your status is, or if there are anticipated openings (obviously not on like, a weekly basis, but enough that they know you're really interested!).
    Good luck with your school schedule - I know that can be difficult and time consuming. Good luck figuring it all out, my dear!
    And how lovely that you want to draw again -- stick with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I starting working on my swap stuff too! It's so much fun! Thanks again for arranging everything. :) Also, lately I have been attempting to draw as well. We will see about that... Hahah.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ever since I got back from Costa Rica, all I've been craving is exotic fruit juice.

    I hope you get the comic book job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cheesecake is the bomb-diggity. Best creation ever, in my book (as if my blog's title didn't reveal my feelings for the product already).
    And that summer drink idea seems pretty interesting, I might have to try it... however seeing as it's winter down here right now I might have to wait a bit before I do so.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to say hello <3