05.08.11.

"You don’t have to get a job that makes others feel comfortable about what they perceive as your success. You don’t have to explain what you plan to do with your life. You don’t have to justify your education by demonstrating its financial rewards. You don’t have to maintain an impeccable credit score. Anyone who expects you to do any of those things has no sense of history or economics or science or the arts.
You have to pay your own electric bill. You have to be kind. You have to give it all you got. You have to find people who love you truly and love them back with the same truth."
DEAR SUGAR, The Rumpus Advice Column #72: The Future Has An Ancient Heart



(by: chih chen)

THINGS I DO
▲●▼▲▼▲▼●▲



. Listen to David Bowie on repeat for days in a row

. Acquire ringtones that make my phone sound like the T.A.R.D.I.S.

. Drink iced tea on hot summer days (it's finally hit 100° here)

. Re-read Good Omens during performance rehearsals

. Play Portal 'til I completely lose track of time

. Imagine the perfect soundtrack for the movie I'm writing in my head

. Listening to classical music while I attempt at drawing again for the first time in a long while

. Try, unsuccessfully, to avoid critical plot spoilers for season six of Supernatural



.Q&A.


I asked, and then you asked, so now here I am answering. :)


01. What movie always makes you cry? Oh gosh. I cry during weird parts of various movies, not parts people would usually cry in... but the one film I consistently tear up in is Star Wars: Revenge of The Sith. Yup. I can't handle that movie. From the moment Anakin starts killing younglings to the credits I'm in tears.

02. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live and why? I have this perfect fictional town in my head, but it doesn't exist, I've made it up entirely. So, if I have to settle for reality, Seattle. I've never been, but everything I've seen/read just makes me want to live there even more. It's rainy, bicycle friendly, has a great arts community. I can just really see myself there.

03. What is one thing you would change about the world? I would change the amount of intolerance people carry with them and replace it with an overall tolerance of everything that's good, and a sense of love for our fellow man, and maybe through that we all could gain some headway into making the world a better place.

04. Tell about a time when you thought, "This is exactly where I'm supposed to be." Once or twice I've had that feeling. It's always been connected to a fleeting moment though, never an entire day, or even a full hour. It's always when I'm with someone I care about, and we're both being ourselves entirely, and you know that in that moment we'd say anything to each other, and that that's what trust and love is, and that it's so amazing to have that with another human being, and that "this is exactly where I'm supposed to be."

05. What would you do if you knew you could not fail? I'd probably give professional ballet another go, and perhaps become an improvisational jazz pianist. FYI: I can't play jazz.

06. What would you try if you had no fear? I might have the conversations I've always wanted to have with certain people. Bare my soul a little.

07. What is your least favorite color of candy to eat? I don't like orange candies, or deep red ones.

08. What is the weirdest thing you've ever eaten? I've had rattlesnake. Is that weird enough for you?

09. What is your ultimate favorite title of a book you've read? It's a tie between The Realm Of Possibility (David Levithan), and Someday This Pain Will be Useful To You (Peter Cameron).

10. Do you have a secret dream of becoming a singer, and if so, what song would you cover? Yeah, one of those "in another life if I wasn't me dreams" haha. Hmmm... I love Yeah Yeah Yeahs' Skeletons and Neko Case's Dirty Knife right now, so let's go with those.

11. What's the habit you're proudest of breaking? Putting things off 'til the last minute. I mean, I still do that sometimes, but not as often as I used to.

12. If you could live in any time period, which would it be? I like my time period to be honest. It's not perfect, but there are so many advantages. If I had to choose I might choose Marie Antoinette's era, but only if I got to be born into nobility. Okay? Do I get to choose that? Also, pre-revolution.

13. Do you steal the shampoos and soaps from hotel rooms? Not the soaps or shampoos, but those disposable shower caps! I love those. Haha.

14. Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed? Depends on my level of laziness to be honest.

15. Are you afraid of being lonely? Not really. I'm a very introverted person off-line. I tend to really value my alone time, and don't spend lots of time with people unless we're really close. I don't get lonely easily.

8 comments:

  1. AMYYYYY...! I don't even know. I just felt like typing your name in a dramatic way.

    Anyways, I feel like I'm missing out on so much since I've never seen Star Wars or Star Trek... perhaps some day I shall!

    Tolerance is actually an extremely excellent answer. If you ever end up on Miss America or something, definitely answer that instead of world peace haha.

    I always have to have my door closed. It's necessary. If not I'm terrified of murderers and such, as if my door could totally stop them in their tracks.

    I used to get lonely a lot, but I think I've learned to enjoy my own company, and now I rarely ever do anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always, always wanted to do a question post like this, but nobody ever left any questions for me. I loved all of your answers! I would change intolerance as well. And I, too, am very content in this time period. I like my Internet, and I like my gadgets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. COME TO SEATTLE ALREADY GEESH.
    Also, deep red candies are indeed the worst.
    Also, who doesn't dream of being a singer? Like seriously?
    Also, does rattlesnake taste like chicken?
    That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i sleep with my door shut..its weird. i loved the answer to the last question, it made me feel good. i feel the same.
    um, also, i am gonna do a question post after your comment. :D

    a couple of little questions i would of asked would have been:

    1.whats your fav doctor who episode?
    2.do you still make a wish when you blow your candles out on your birthday?

    love you amy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read a few people mentioning your Q&A post, and simply had to stop by...
    I don't think I'll leave now.
    Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate red candies, thank you, you're like the first person to agree with that.
    Agree with #6 and rattlesnake is pretty strange haha. I wouldn't imagine those would be that edible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, red candies are the best! Yellow/Green/Orange are the ones I don't eat:)
    You answered my questions! That's cool:) You'd like to stay here? I'd love to live in the 1700s, but avoid all the plagues and epidemics and whatnot:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel like I'm missing out on so much since I've never seen Doctor Who. You must enlighten me!

    For the last two months, I've gone most days without even turning on my computer. Felt great, but alas, that can't last...

    When did you have rattlesnake?? I feel like you've told me before, but I've completely forgotten...

    We really need to go to Seattle together sometime, Amy. Or that amazing treehouse village you were telling me about. :)

    Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to say hello <3