05.20.11.

“The best moments in reading are when you come across something - a thought, a feeling, a way of looking at things - which you had thought special and particular to you. And now, here it is, set down by someone else, a person you have never met, someone even who is long dead. And it is as if a hand has come out, and taken yours.”
—Alan Bennett



(via)

.▲.


- Ladytron is getting a lot of attention on my iPod.

- I have Harry Potter fever. Yes, it's a serious and real illness, and if you don't have it I suggest you reexamine your life and your choices.
I've been playing Potter related board games with the girl I babysit, and Harry Potter Uno with my brother. I've got an urge to replay the old gameboy color games, and re-read all the books. I think it's all in an effort to make July fifteenth look less ominous. It's not working...

- My dislike of soda isn't exactly a secret. I mean, I don't go around saying "I don't like soda", but if you know me you know I never drink it. I just don't like it... but Mountain Dew Voltage is AMAZING, and I may just be slightly addicted.

- I have not been getting nearly enough sleep lately. To the point where on the days I do sleep enough I don't feel rested. I think it's going to all catch up with me at some point and I'll just pass out for a week or so.

- I miss writing. I mean, I was never very good at it, but writing little fictions every once and awhile felt good. I liked putting them in my posts, and hearing what you all had to say. They were like little paintings I'd make with words. I've been less and less creative lately. I haven't drawn in what feels like a year... I'm in a rut people!

- So, while I'm sitting here in my creativity-less rut I ask you all for advice: What helps you get back in the swing of things?.
I feel so un-quality lately...

8 comments:

  1. i think you should make a zine... : ) because i want to make one too! ahaha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited but so terrified for the last HP movie at the same time. It's just going to be so sad not to have any more books or movies to look forward to anymore... but then again, Harry Potter will never end, really. Harry Potter is eternal.

    I miss writing, too. Like, really writing, not just blogging or typing necessary essays for class. Hopefully this summer I'll have time to let my creativity flow. Reading amazing books usually inspires me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Alan Bennett quote is pretty much why I love art/fashion/literature. And I have never been a fan of fizzy drinks, I've never really understood the appeal. I have a sweet tooth and everything, but for some reason I just don't like them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been in a creativity-less rut too so I'm sad to say I have no good advice on the matter. I am trying to do a lot of cleaning and everything in preparation for summer. I want to spend more time taking photos and making art, I just need to now make the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I'm really into HP lately, too! I just love the entire world.

    And maybe you should take time to write something again? I'd love to read something of you.

    With love, Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found that I find some of my inspiration by doing something new, or out of the blue. And looking at things from a different perspective.
    Soda is pretty much gross. I only drink lemon-lime flavored stuff, and only on rare occasions. OH. Except those jarritos are amazing (the mexican soda, do they have those there?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i always find looking through old sketchbooks, notebooks, anything that you have written in, helps me feel more creative. i think, oh, maybe i should of done this, or i can make that now.

    yes, re-read harry potter again.<3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every other year, I'll go through and read the whole HP series again. I try to make a record and see how fast I can do it...

    I was recently in a creativity rut, but I miraculously managed to pull myself out of it (if momentarily). I mentioned it in my last post, but it's hard to motivate yourself to do worthwhile things sometimes. I *hate* that feeling!

    Last night was great. Hope to see you again on Tuesday. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to say hello <3