04.23.11.

“The most important kind of freedom is to be what you really are. You trade in your reality for a role. You trade in your sense for an act. You give up your ability to feel, and in exchange, put on a mask. There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.”
-Jim Morrison





. This lamp looks like a lot of fun to make.

. Rather excited about Dear Mr. Potter,!

. I've had a Last.fm VIP subscription for a few months now. Last.fm gave it to me as a promotional gift since I was one of the first users to use their updated iPhone app. So, for the last few months I've been enjoying commercial free music, I can use Last.fm on my mobile devices (ie: iPhone, iPod.), and I get access to more in-depth charts and features. Well, my subscription runs out in about a month, and I have to decide whether I can live with the downgrade, or whether I'm willing to dish out three dollars a month to have the VIP perks I've been getting these past few months for free. I'm more and more feeling like it's worth the three dollars. Thoughts?

. Last night's Good Friday church service was beautiful. I love walking around the cathedral by candlelight, especially when I can see the reflections of the whole congregations candles in the glass of our community building. It's absolutely gorgeous. A sort of somber beauty, but beauty nonetheless.

. I've yet to start on an Easter basket this year. I did them for the family the last two years, and somehow it's fallen by the wayside this year. I'm hoping there are some stores still open this evening so I can speed shop and put together a basket for the family for tomorrow.

. Icelandic music makes me swoon.

. I've started reading a Japanese comic I was a fan of a few years ago again. Honey and Clover, I always loved the soft colors in the covers (see the photo above), and how lovely Umino's characters were, both in the illustrations and in the story. I stopped reading manga a few years ago, but always missed this series. I think the last one I had read was volume six, and I was never able to find any of the newer volumes, but I was at the library the other day and they had volumes seven through ten. I have some light reading for the next few days now. If you like sweet stories and comics (and don't mind reading right to left) I suggest you pick up the first volume of Honey and Clover. It's lovely.
There's also a live-action Japanese drama out there... I remember watching a few episodes online at one point.

. I'm not at the RRT tonight... and as much as I'd have loved to have gone it's nice to spend Easter Saturday with my family, and I know I made someone super happy by selling them my ticket :)

. I have this yearning to do a thoughts-from-places esque video blog and upload it to my vimeo. Any thoughts? Tips? I have no idea where to begin.

. Hope you all have a wonderful Easter/Passover/regular weekend!

6 comments:

  1. That doily lampshade looks amazing! Will have to give it a go. And I do love cathedrals and churches by candlelight, particularly really old ones. I went to an amazing cathedral in Germany once, it had one of the most beautiful altar screens I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed learning those things about you!
    Your blog is very special.
    Is it odd to say that I feel very peaceful and happy when I read it? Oh well if it does:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. icelandic music = sigur ros?? : )

    oooo! i'll have to chec kout honey & clover : ) you know me & my asian loves!

    & the thoughts from places video sounds like an awesome idea! no thoughts really though....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did have a wonderful easter weekend! thank you:) i love good friday church service, because my church gets all fancied up and it's pretty:)
    as for the lamp, it looks so cooL:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh i really wish you could watch doctor who at the same time, so we could have awesome conversations, theories, ideas, views...i am sad. :(

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I just say that you are the most charming girl? Goodness. I adore you. /creep3r statement

    I love that lamp, but I have no idea how to go about making it. It seems like it would be so dangerous, you know?

    I tripped down the stairs yesterday morning at church in front of the whole congregation. Woo.

    DO THE VIDEO BLOG. DO IT.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to say hello <3