04.04.11.

“If you remember me, I don’t care if everybody else forgets.”
—Haruki Murakami



(via)

.▲.
.Facts.


//
I could listen to Such Great Heights on repeat for eternity, this includes Iron & Wine's beautiful cover of the song.

//
I want to live in this sustainable treehouse community in the Amazon at some point in my life.

//
I am in awe of Syed's (Dapper Kid) most recent blog post. He has a beautiful thought process, especially when it comes to intertwining philosophy and fashion, and is so good at eloquently illustrating that thought process through his writing, especially in this particular post.

//
I am beyond excited for next week when Karen's awesome Travelling Journal makes it way to me.

//
I have great love for the person who thought this up, and God knows I'll be printing them out and posting them all around the valley.

//
My brother has the Toy Story 3 PC game, and in that game there's a sequence where you play in a haunted house. I LOVE Halloween, I love haunted houses, and more than all of that I love it when music combines '50s and '60s song elements and Halloween to create something awesome, ie: Dead Man's Bones. This song plays in the background while you play that sequence of the game, and I fell in love.

//
Recently I switched to one of Lush's natural aluminum-free deodorants, and it's one of the best decisions I've ever made. Pros: I smell like awesome lemongrass and tea-tree oil all the time, and the lack of aluminum is better for my system. Aluminum is a key ingredient in almost all deodorants found in grocery stores as it helps prevent wetness, but it also can cause health issues the biggest of which is foggy-ness/lack of a clear head. Since I switched it's like I drink coffee every morning, only I don't, I drink water and herbal tea, and my memory is much better. So, if you're so inclined and want a boost I'd suggest finding an aluminum-free deodorant. Trader Joe's has some as well. It's so much better for your health.

//
Last summer I came across a Captain Kirk (modeled after Chris Pine in the 2009 movie) Barbie doll in Walmart. I don't like buying things from Walmart, and I don't like buying Barbies (it's those pretentious anti-corporate standards of mine), but I've regretted not getting it and it's Spock (Zachary Quinto) counterpart ever since. I don't want to go as far as ordering them online, but my God if I don't frantically search for them every time I'm in a store that sells toys. There's also a pretty bomb Uhura doll. *cough* geek *cough*.

//
I wrote a novel-length post on body image for my tumblr the other day...

//
My mom has a friend who's daughter teaches grade school. This woman is amazing in my eyes. She started a project with her students to raise money and awareness for the people of Japan in their time of need. She and the children are folding paper cranes, each crane is to be sold for one-dollar, and every dollar made will be donated to charity for Japan.
Last summer I started, but never got around to finishing, a thousand paper crane project. I got up into the three-hundreds. One-hundred and forty of those cranes I made were shipped to this beautiful woman last week. Hopefully those cranes will all be sold for a dollar and that one-hundred and forty dollars will go to the people of Japan. I can not think of a better place for the cranes I've folded over the last year to go.

//
I'm going to be seeing a doctor about the dryness in my eyes specifically later in the week. Fingers crossed it's something easy to get rid of.

//
Tomorrow (April 5th). Is the lovely Lauren's birthday.
We've been friends for more than a decade. She's FANTASTIC.

//
When Apocalyptica covers Metallica it's pure bliss.

//
This dress is beautiful. As is this one.


\\//\\//\\//


Wishing you all a lovely week!

7 comments:

  1. I am thinking it's a sign that the freckles in our eyes are mirror images and when we kiss they're perfectly aligned... NOW THAT'S STUCK IN MY HEAD THANKS A LOT. ;D

    Okay, um, that treehouse community in the Amazon? It looks amazing. AMAZING.

    Gah, I wish I hadn't been the second person to get the traveling journal! I want to see what everyone else does! I am jealous.

    I absolutely loved what you wrote about body image. Really, it was wonderful. As a long distance runner I find myself constantly stressing about my body too, so it's definitely a fantastic reminder to know that being healthy is what is most important.

    The grade school teacher and what she's doing to help with Japan really is great. That's so fantastic that your paper cranes are going to such an important cause.

    I LOVE THOSE DRESSES.

    Geez Amy I am just kinda brimming with adoration for you right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of these are definitely, straight up FACTS. Like, who wouldn't want to live in a treehouse?
    About the cranes; there is some organization in WA that for every crane they get sent (up to 200,000) they donate $2 to Japan and send the cranes to make an art instalation for the grade schools when they're rebuilt. So my friends and I made over 500 in two days. :)

    oh. STAY HEALTHY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally have a page torn out of the Anthro catalog of that first dress hanging up in my bedroom. Love it!

    P.S. Hope your eyes are okay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to live in a treehouse! Although I'm not sure I could deal with the weather over there, humidity is not my friend (or my hair's). Thank you so much for linking my post :)

    Oh and tell me about the deodorant hunt! Antiperspirants are the worst, they use silver ions to force your sweat glands to shut. I may have to check out Lush actually, I love browsing their shops and the staff are usually really friendly.

    And is it weird that I want the Star Trek Barbies?

    ReplyDelete
  5. should of got the dolls amy...should of got the dolls. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. That place looks tres deliciaux! Thanks for the heads up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoops, I meant delicieux.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to say hello <3