04.20.11.

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."
-Dawna Markova



(via)

▲Because When Shelby Tells You To Blog, You Blog▲



.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.


. I want to make one of these pom pom garlands

. I love The Selby

. I confessed my fear of cacti on tumblr.

. I want to eventually have something like this in my future home.

. The adventure with Lush's natural deodorants came to an end last week.
Quick product review? It keeps you fresh smelling... for a few hours. So I did some shopping around for an all-natural, aluminum-free deodorant and found love in Tom's brand. I'm currently using the unscented, and it's fabulous. It keeps me sweat-free, and most importantly B.O.-free. And even though it claims "unscentedness" (which is officially a word. 'cause i say so.) it has this really nice hint of chamomile. Which, I love.

. Random fact: Peter Gabriel > Phil Collins. ALWAYS.

. If I could profess my love for the library for eternity I would... but actually, that would take away from time I could use in the library so, nevermind.
Most of the public libraries here have library shops, and they're amazing. I can leave with a stack of books, a few cds, and a vhs or two for under ten dollars. EASY. It's fantastic. Today's finds? Classes In Classical Ballet by: Asaf Messerer. I borrowed that from a teacher years ago as it's very difficult to find. She lent me the paperback, the hard cover is VERY hard to find. Guess what? HARDCOVER. TEN CENTS.
Also, they have Practical Magic (this movie. this movie. this movie.) for a dollar.
Both are coming home with me.

. I have one more class to make-up to keep my A. I'm putting this here more for my benefit than yours, I need to remember to make up my missed class. Haha.

. Also, only three more weeks of school. Then summer, then my training program.

. I'm rather excited about Portal2. I never finished playing the first, I'm bad like that when it comes to video games, love playing them but I never finish them. I did however watch my brother play the whole game. I love it. Hopefully Portal2's release will motivate me to play Portal all the way through. I have Steam...

. I made a used bookstore run the other night. Spent three dollars, came home with a Noah and the Whale cd, a Cranberries cd, a Feist cd, and The Breakfast Club on VHS. Score?

. I'm almost caught up on Supernatural. Yes, I've become a total fangirl. I think I started watching the series sometime in January? Just started season five. Yup, and I ask myself why I don't sleep as much as I used to...

. LISTEN TO THIS. JUST DO IT. OKAY?

. I'm ready for Easter. I'm ready for our red eggs, and to walk around the church by candlelight. It's time for new beginnings, and nothing says new beginnings to me like Easter. It came so fast...

. The record player in my bedroom, which, in truth belongs to my dad, but he was using it as a bedside table, so I asked if I could borrow it, and he said yes, no longer plays sound out of the left speaker. It makes me sad...

. I finished up my pages in The Traveling Journal and popped it in the mail today. It's beautiful and I can't wait to see all the pages once they get posted to the blog!

. Alas, I'm not going to the Railroad Revival Tour show Saturday evening. While I was looking forward to seeing Mumford & Sons and Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, I forgot that Saturday is the Saturday before Easter, and that I have plans I can't cancel. Luckily a friend of mine was more than happy to buy the ticket from me, but still, I'd have loved to have been able to go.


what goes on?

6 comments:

  1. You're my favorite.
    <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think someone needs to open up an incredible used bookstore around here, yes please thanks. All that wonderfulness for three dollars is too ridiculously great for words.

    I'm so excited to see the traveling journal. I feel like it's going to be absolutely fantastic.

    I heart you.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love The Selby too! My mom bought me his book for my birthday and I have had such a good time looking through it. That giraffe sticker on my journal pages was from the book!

    I want all of those things in my future house.

    I am so, so, so excited to see all of the pages in the Traveling Journal! AH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I'm April:) Em the writer told me to read your blog:)
    Oh my gosh, I love used bookstores. I go to my local library all the time and search the minuscule store there, because we don't have any used bookstores around here. I love Mumford & Sons and Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros! Sucks that you don't get to go :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am listening to the song as I write this!

    Libraries = LOVE.

    Stay well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay for shelby.
    yay for you.
    yay for blogging.

    oh, thats such sad news about your record player. bad times. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to say hello <3