03.03.11.

"Everyone, at some point in their lives, wakes up in the middle of the night with the feeling that they are all alone in the world, and that nobody loves them now and that nobody will ever love them, and that they will never have a decent night’s sleep again and will spend their lives wandering blearily around a loveless landscape, hoping desperately that their circumstances will improve, but suspecting, in their heart of hearts, that they will remain unloved forever. The best thing to do in these circumstances is to wake somebody else up, so that they can feel this way, too."
-Lemony Snicket (Horseradish: Bitter Truths You Can’t Avoid)




(via)




▲Miss Me?▲


It's only been a week, and yet so much has happened. I don't know where to start.

I could tell you about the amazing time I had at the matsuri. Meeting up with KES and her boyfriend Q, eating delicious food, and participating in a Japanese tea ceremony. Or I could tell you about how I went back the next day with Lauren for more food and fun. Boba tea, watching a guy in a Gumbi suit dance, and spending the last of my cash on even more food. There's the awesome History Machine show I went to Saturday night. They rock (my cousin is their drummer/record label owner). A friend I haven't seen in two years showed up, it was as awkward as I expected it to be, but who knows maybe our friendship is on the mend?
Then there's the fact that in order to save money (yeah, save) my dad switched everyone over to AT&T and got us the forty dollar iPhone 3GS. Which, I'm in love with, but I think it may hate me. I could tell you about the fact that it has synced weird on three separate occasions, and deleted my music, including Tegan and Sarah's "Sainthood" which I only got two days ago. But I can fix it, it's just nerve-racking.
Then there's the fact that I've been super productive lately. Preparing postcards/goodies for blogger family, actually getting to the bank to make deposits instead of letting babysitting checks rot in my wallet, a much needed Lush trip, reading more, making plans with friends, cut my hair, and getting up early in the morning on days when I don't have morning classes! Now to see if I can stretch that productivity to blogging more often both here and on This Sound.



/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/


Current Loves.

hipster food
this tank
mulholland rose at urban
the cure's "lullaby"
made in seattle
supernatural



/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/


How have you all been doing?

6 comments:

  1. It sounds like an eventful week indeed! One filled with friends and good food is always enjoyable. And ahh, that is very cool about getting the iPhone 3GS! :D Hopefully it will decide to cooperate with you and everything. And I guess being productive is a good thing too, but, y'know... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have missed you so much. Sainthood is not their best album, sadly :( Bummer bummer. STILL JELLY OF THE IPHONE, THOUGH.

    New band for you: Scattered Trees. I AM IN LOVE WITH THEM. My friend is a radio broadcasting student at Notre Dame and he played it on his radio show this week and I was drooling all over my desk. So attractive, I am.


    Glad you're back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like life is pretty good right now. :)
    you rule amy. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lemony Snicket and the Urban spring clothes! Love it!

    Happy you're back in the blogosphere! Thank you for the birthday wish. :)

    Glee was at its finest last night, so I am so glad you decided to tune in! Darren Criss...no words for this man. I am in love.

    No dairy?! I applaud you for your sacrifice these forty days! I'm already having trouble not using my snooze button to death. At least I picked something that is a challenge, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. (nice to meet you by the way..) i thought you took that photo for a second, and i got really excited. that tomato soup looks so good. sounds like you had a busy week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That. Looks. So. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to say hello <3