02.07.11.

"Suddenly, from behind the rim of the moon, in long, slow-motion moments of immense majesty, there emerges a sparkling blue and white jewel, a light, delicate, sky-blue sphere laced with slowly swirling veils of white, rising gradually like a small pearl in a thick sea of black mystery. It takes more than a moment to fully realize this is Earth…home. My view of our planet was a glimpse of divinity."
-Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 astronaut and founder, Institute of Noetic Sciences



(via)

▲My So-Called Life▲
.-.-.


Blond moment of the day: Finding out that after all the planning I went through to go to the Chinese New Year festival this weekend, the festival is actually next weekend.

 i want to dye my hair angela chase red. why? because i can. also, seeing as when i was a kid my hair was red and it just gradually went brown i do have the skin tone for it.

- speaking of angela chase. i saw the very end of romeo + juliet with claire danes and leonardo dicaprio. it was lovely. i will most definitely be netflixing so i can see it from beginning to end.

. actually i've been on quite the shakespeare binge lately. i have bbc's hamlet with david tennant sitting in my room waiting to be finished as well.


.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

.にほんごが.


i really want to get back into the swing of teaching myself japanese. i was doing so well, and then life got busy, and i bailed on myself.
this language means a lot to me for many a reason, and learning it is something i want to see through.

i've been contemplating what i'm going to focus on primarily in school these next couple of years and i think i'll either double major in english and japanese or major in english with a minor in japanese. i'd love to teach esl to children in japan at some point. but first i need to master the japanese language. it's so beautiful, and really not all that hard (unless you count kanji...).

i have hiragana workbooks, dictionaries, flash cards, and cds. now just for self motivation. not my strong suit. haha. i'm thinking i'll set goals and treat myself to something when i reach them. frozen yogurt perhaps? or some fairtrade chocolate?

do you guys have any goals that have fallen by the wayside that you want to pick back up?


.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

△PERFECT DAY△
the following day is fictional. for now...


example one:

.early rise 6am
.cup of hot tea
.small bowl of rice with some nori
.yoga
.naked juice
.coffee shop with book
.thrifting
.browse an art museum
.bento picnic for lunch
.read some more
.go to lush
.buy some bath bombs
.modern dance class
.come home
.make dinner for myself and a friend
.curry
.watch garden state
.take a bath
.hot tea
.read some more
.sleep

perfect day?

9 comments:

  1. Oh, Amy. You just make me smile all the freaking time. Goodness, gracious.

    That's how I feel about Spanish. I really wish I was motivated to learn it on my own at home. I know that if I allowed myself to actually USE all of the materials that I've bought, like the flashcards and the CD programs and all of the books, that I would learn the language so much better and faster, but I just can't make myself do school stuff unless I have to. Actually, that's where I'm at with Hamlet. My AP teacher told us to read Hamlet twice over the ice break. I haven't touched it, so... Yeah.

    Your perfect days sounds pretty freaking good to me. I'll take it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Learning Japanese. You are so interesting. Also, I think you would look awesome with red hair. Just saying.

    Oh, and David Tennant. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could dye my hair red, but I know I would look terrible. You, on the other hand, would look gorgeous! So I think you should, for my sake. ;)

    My English teacher last year, she traveled to this tiny Japanese island in the middle of nowhere where she was literally the only white person that the people there had ever seen, teaching children English. It sounds kind of intimidating, but also awesome at the same time. I just think it's so... well, I can't think of any better adjective than cool to describe it, really!... that you're teaching yourself Japanese. :D

    Your perfect sounds wonderful to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading that quote reminds me how much I want to visit the Space Center again and of my affinity for space in general. If the qualifications were different than they are, I would totally want to be an astronaut.

    Okay, this post is almost too awesome, haha. 30 Rock and My So-Called Life are two of my favorite shows. You probably knew this about the latter thanks to tumblr and other posts of mine.

    I wish I could speak another language besides Spanish (and English.) Russian seems cool, or maybe it's just the accent. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. the perfect day sounds wonderful! i've actually had a similar day not too long ago : )
    you are learning japanese?? that is incredibly cool!! my family has had three japanese exchange students & their language is really neat. i love the idea of teaching in japan! you really totally should do that amy!! man i'm all excited for you now. lol. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so proud of you for learning another language and being so dedicated to it! I cannot imagine learning Japanese - I had the most difficult time with Mandarin this summer, I think maybe because I speak English and French, and the way you have to position your tongue to speak Chinese was just so... foreign to me (lame pun). Seriously though - if you decide to pursue something with Japanese, I have a connection over there with an American who teaches English in a Japanese high school!
    Your perfect day sounds... perfect! Switch out that tea for coffee, and I am there with you, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You'd look lovely with red hair! I'd love to go auburn, but I know how lazy I am when it comes to hair color. If you're dedicated to the up-keep, I think it'd be a really awesome decision. :>

    Same with relearning Japanese. Of all languages you could learn, I think that's one of the nicest-sounding ones. Being an ESL teacher in another country sounds like a dream!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds like the best day ever! You know...I think I am going to do that sometime. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to say hello <3