Happy Third Birthday Blog!




(the above image is a drawing belonging to my very talented cousin dillon)

.Happy Birthday Blog.


So, it's December the 10th, and that means we've reached my blog's third birthday!

This blog has been through many a transformation in the past three years, just as I have. We've gone from black backgrounds and emo-punk to white backgrounds and She & Him, but that's all part of life, all part of what makes us who we are.

I've met so many lovely people through this blog, some of whom have stuck by my side since the beginning, some left to do their own thing, and others have just joined me on my adventure recently. Needless to say, I love you all. I love our ability to create inside jokes, our snail mail gifting, and more than anything the genuine friendships I've made. You know who your are.

Since this blog's creation I have, recovered from foot surgery, graduated from high school, gotten my first job as a professional modern dancer, and completely changed my perspective on life. And in all honesty I don't think any of it would have happened the same if I'd never clicked the little button on the blogger homepage that says "create blog".

This blogging thing really is magical. You say and share whatever you please and only those who're interested need stop by. And those who're interested may live many many miles away, but you just may end up their pen pal. It's amazing.

We're all Hogwarts letter awaiting, ever dreaming, tumblr addicted, snail mail sending, bloggers.
I wouldn't have it any other way.

In honor of my blogs birthday and the amazing adventures we've had I'm having a giveaway. Nothing big, but one of you, who I shall draw randomly from a hat on Monday, shall receive a little something from me via the United States Postal Service. Sound nice? All you need to do is comment on this post talking about your first experience with my blog, and leave your email in the comment as well if I haven't already got it. One, two, three go!

p.s. a band from l.a. contacted me and asked if i'd write a review of them. turns out they're rather good so i did! check it out here.

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^Ignore that...


    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR WONDERFUL WONDERFUL BLOG! :)

    I honestly cannot even remember the first time I read your blog, just that when I did stumble upon it I absolutely loved it and all. I think it's been quite a while. Actually, I don't really remember the first time I read anybody's blog. Except I remember that first summer I somehow started reading Karen's, and then it just snowballed from there... But regardless how it actually happened, I'm obviously beyond delighted that it did. I just can't believe how much amazingness has come from this whole blogging thing, for all of us really.

    I LOVE THE INTERNET <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy third Birthday!!! Thank you for the credit on the drawing, you're too kind. :)
    Well, your blog was the first one I ever read. It must've been the summer before last when I started to read it, so about a year and a half ago... and have read it diligently since. You inspired me to start my own blog! Although things change, please keep up the amazing work!
    -D

    ReplyDelete
  4. amy!!! happy blog birthday! wow, three years! how wonderful.
    frankly, i do not remember how we found each other. i feel like i've always known your blog! if you remember how we found each other, please let me know! i'm quite curious now.

    i actually think i've past my blogs three year birthday in september... :/ it was a really busy time for me & kind of forgot to post about it! i really should mention something. maybe have a mega-giveaway (because i also past my 300th post a while back to...) so many things to remember!

    anyways, thanks for being you : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joyeux Anniversaire to a tres magnifique blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 3rd Blogversary!

    The great thing is, is that as you've changed, many of your readers have been able to be right there with you! I love, love, love our community.

    I remember the profile picture you had when I first encountered your blog, you blowing bubbles with a yellow bubble blower wand... thing. :)

    Sadly, I'm not of age to enter the Chronicle Books' Giveaway, but I am super, super, super excited for the Christmas card exchange!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to say hello <3